- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 62 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 64 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 64 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 64 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 64 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 64 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 64 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 64 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 64 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 64 days ago
Chicago Bulls offseason: Taj Gibson scratched from Team USA camp, Bulls assistants finding work
- Updated: July 24, 2013
Digging out some links as we head into the really slow time of the year. Though maybe that Marcus Camby ‘sweepstakes’ gets figured out Wednesday…
- Final(??? I hope not, it was fun) bow on the Ron Adams story, as he took a job as junior-coach Brad Stevens’s assistant in Boston. From the Bulls standpoint the matter is closed, or at least ‘in house’, as Tom Thibodeau declined to talk about it when asked by Zach Lowe in this fabulous Q&A.
- Another interesting read on the Adams-Forman rift comes from former Bull Paul Shirley, who at ChicagoSide reflects on his very different relationships with each during his career. Shirley’s specific anecdote on Forman doesn’t sound too incriminating, but his general impression of the Bulls GM seems to be widely-shared.
None of this means much for the Bulls on the court, as long as that’s going well. If things unravel this year or a few down the line, we’ll probably find out a lot more about the exact relationship in the Berto.
- In other Bulls assistant coaching news, both Ed Pickney and Adrian Griffin interviewed for the Sixers head coaching job, a search that organization don’t seem too interested in (because they’re brazenly trying to lose, you see). Griffin also interviewed for the Pistons head job earlier in the summer.
- Taj Gibson was slated to be a part of the TeamUSA mini-camp that’s currently going on in Las Vegas, but he was scratched with a sprained ankle suffered working out last week. See Taj, this is what happens when you push yourself. Have you read the methods of Dr. Reggie Rose?
- I mentioned the Lowe piece on Thibodeau, but he also gave the Bulls a brief mention in his amazing offseason review of the entire league. And if you like reading smart people say nice things about your team, Kevin Pelton called the Dunleavy signing one of the 10 best of the offseason.
- This was already touched upon in the Malcolm Thomas story earlier this week, but the Bulls had already partially guaranteed Erik Murphy’s contract for this season which had him pretty much on the roster before summer league even began. That and other minutiae can be found at the irreplaceable ShamSports. Mark Deeks does not yet have confirmation on Rip Hamilton’s possible (waived) cap number, but when he does we can get a full breakdown of the Bulls salaries over the next two years. Oooh, maybe we’ll have a new backup center to reference as well!
Reggie Rose couldn’t resist though, as he took a break from showing off his medical degree in applauding ‘The Return’ to mention Adams:
[Derrick] used to put up a lot of shots with (assistant) Coach (Ron) Adams. Unfortunately, Coach Adams isn’t here anymore. That was kind of like his shooting buddy. And Coach Adams did a great job all last year and basically since he was in Chicago before the Bulls let him go.