- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 102 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 104 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 104 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 104 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 104 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 104 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 104 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 104 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 104 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 104 days ago
Matt Garza trade rumors: Rangers 'getting closer' to deal for Cubs RHP, per report
- Updated: July 19, 2013
The Cubs are looking for a starting pitcher and right-handed bat in any deal for their prized pitcher, and the Rangers have starting pitching prospects such as Luke Jackson and C.J. Edwards to offer along with third base prospect Mike Olt.
The Cubs and Rangers matched up last year on a deal for Ryan Dempster, which draws a number of parallels to this year’s market for Garza.
The team currently uses Derek Holland, Martin Perez, Ross Wolf, Yu Darvish, and Alexi Ogando as starters, but could certainly make an upgrade to the back of that rotation. Justin Grimm is also in the picture, though he’s pitched poorly of late.
GM Jon Daniels said that his team’s starting rotation is in a good position, but an upgrade could help reach the lofty goals set by management.