- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 62 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 64 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 64 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 64 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 64 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 64 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 64 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 64 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 64 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 64 days ago
No, Johnny Manziel wasn't in New Orleans during Manning camp
- Updated: July 22, 2013
Johnny Manziel addressed the rumors surrounding his early departure from the Manning Passing Academy during SEC Media Days last week, but of course the story didn’t end there. Rumors and Rants published a new report Saturday indicating that Manziel actually was out partying in New Orleans the night before being dismissed from the camp. That was quickly refuted by a source who spoke to Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports, however.
“That story about him being in New Orleans is 100 percent BS,” the source told Feldman.
The Manning Passing Academy is held in Thibodaux, La., which is approximately an hour from New Orleans. Manziel was there serving as a camp counselor and was late for some of his assignments on July 13. Manziel and Academy officials maintained that was because of illness, and the quarterback’s father later said his son was recovering from dehydration.
That prompted a lot of speculation about what happened on Friday, July 12. But while we may never know the full details of that evening, it appears we can safely set aside the notion that Manziel was on Bourbon Street partying into the wee hours.