- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 62 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 63 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 63 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 63 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 63 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 63 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 63 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 63 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 63 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 63 days ago
Ryan Braun injury: Brewers OF could return as early as Thursday
- Updated: July 7, 2013
Braun is on pace to return earlier than expected, as the outfielder had a better-than-expected batting practice session on Saturday. He has been on the DL since mid-June with an inflamed-nerve in his hand. He just needs his hitting sessions Monday and Tuesday to go well, and then he should be in the clear.
McCalvy notes that Braun could be ready earlier than Thursday, but that is it more convenient to make a move Thursday as opposed to earlier in the week. He will not play the full game, or the full series, but he is well enough to get back on the field and that is all the Brewers need to know about their superstar left fielder.
Braun, 29, has hit .304 with an .890 OPS in 2013 for the Brewers. With recent news surrounding the Biogenesis scandal surrounding Braun, the best thing for him might be to just get back out on the field and get people’s minds off of it. With the Brewers placed firmly outside playoff contention, Braun will not be under much of any pressure to perform.