- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 109 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 111 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 111 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 111 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 111 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 111 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 111 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 111 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 111 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 111 days ago
Ryan Braun Injury: Brewers OF placed on disabled list
- Updated: June 15, 2013
The Brewers have placed Ryan Braun on the 15 day DL with a contusion in his right thumb, reports Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. The move is retroactive to June 10. Caleb Gindl will be called up from Triple-A to take Braun’s place, according to Mike Vassallo, the team’s senor director of media relations.
It is unclear when the injury first occurred but Braun has apparently been dealing with it for some time. While prior to June 9, he was able to play through it, the injury may have been impacting his play for most of May. He has not hit a home run since May 22 and that last shot came after an eleven game drought. The injury intensified on Sunday, June 9 when he was removed from the game against the Phillies According to McCalvy, he tried to find a solution that would allow him to swing freely in a batting cage session on Friday but he was unable to do so.
This will be Braun’s first trip to the disabled list in his seven year career. He is hitting .304/.380/.509 on the season with nine home runs and 36 RBIs.
24-year old outfielder Caleb Gindel get his first chance in the majors as he replaces Braun on roster. He was a fifth round pick for the Brewers out of high school in 2007 and he is hitting .274/.341/.456 with triple-A Nashville this season.