- Leandro Barbosa to sign with Suns on 10-day contractPosted 60 days ago
- Ryan Anderson injury: Pelicans forward leaves game on stretcherPosted 62 days ago
- NFL Draft 2014: USC WR Marqise Lee skipping senior seasonPosted 62 days ago
- US Army All-American Bowl to feature 11 announcementsPosted 62 days ago
- Red Sox not interested in Masahiro Tanaka, per reportPosted 62 days ago
- All the latest from the US Army All-American BowlPosted 62 days ago
- Marshon Lattimore to announce at the Army BowlPosted 62 days ago
- Live bowl coverage: Join us here for the Orange and Cotton!Posted 62 days ago
- New Information on NASCAR Modified Tour New Hampshire ShooutoutPosted 62 days ago
- MLB roundup: Yuniesky Betancourt drawing interest from several teamsPosted 62 days ago
Ryan Braun injury: Brewers star might miss a month
- Updated: June 20, 2013
Ryan Braun, already on the 15-day disabled list for the Milwaukee Brewers, may miss up to a full month to allow his injured right hand to heal, according to Brew Beat. Braun can technically return off the DL this coming Tuesday, but a second opinion on the bruise and inflamed nerve near his right thumb indicated he would likely require a longer recovery time.
At least Braun was able to give the news a positive spin:
“It was nothing that we didn’t expect,” Braun said. “What’s kind of nice is we get some clarity, at least. We have a better idea of, confirmation, of what we’re dealing with.”
Braun has been shut down completely. When he was initially placed on the DL, he kept swinging to keep his hands and arms loose, but stopped after being given the second opinion. Manager Ron Roenicke was unable to give a potential timetable for Braun’s return.
Braun played through pain over the last several weeks, but went homerless in his last 65 plate appearances. He is hitting .304 on the year, but dipped to .286 for the month of June.